Thursday, November 19, 2009

Yummiest pie crust EVER!


I've never been a lover of pie. It is simply because mum made wonderful cake... and since the pie crust always tastes like cardboard, I opted to pass over the pie and head straight for the cake. But, my service in the Young Women program pushed me to learn how to make pie one day... that was so I could teach the girls how to make them! I was determined to make a pie that was worth eating! If this was their beginning of good pies then by golly!... it better be worth the calories and also taste good to their future wee ones and manly husbands! So I made up this little recipe by joining a few cookie and pie crust recipes which landed in taste bud delight. If I do say so myself, it was the best pie crust I've ever eaten... Hope you'll enjoy every last flaky bite! This recipe is dedicated to all my lovely young women in the Lazona ward. Because I love them with all my heart I would do anything in the world for them. ANYTHING! Even learn to make pie.

Ingredients:

1/2 C Cornstarch

1 C powder sugar

2 3/4 C flour

1tsp salt

2/3 C oil

1 C butter (melted)

3Tbsp water

1tsp vanilla

To make pie dough:

mix all dry ingredients: cornstarch, powder sugar, flour, salt.

then add all wet ingredients and stir: butter, water, oil, vanilla.

Let pie crust sit for an hour. At this point if the dough isn't formed enough to roll out, then add another 1/4 C of flour.

Dough will make one closed pie and one open pie.

Split into 3 balls. Roll ball between wax paper. Bake according to pie directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment