Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hadit Foo Bitsley

For us haditfoobitsley was the food of the Gods growing up.. Mum made it when she was in a dinner crunch.... and the smell of it is divine. But the taste is so impressive. I'm not sure where this recipe originated. I believe the beloved Geri Kofoed named it though.... Kids love it. Moms like to make it cuz it's easy and dad loves to eat it cuz it's OOOHHHHH SOOOO GOOD!!!
Ingredients:
6-8 red potatoes (washed skins on... bake until done... then sliced thick)
1 white onion
1 pkg bacon (cooked crispy)
salt and pepper
How to make:
cook bacon in pan. (Drain most of the grease... but save some for cooking the potatoes in.) Set aside bacon for later.
Cook sliced white onion in saved bacon grease. When translucent add potatoes (sliced 1/4" thick).
salt and pepper to taste.
When potatoes and onion are cooked add the crispy bacon to top and 1/4 C water to pan. Cover and let simmer for about 5-10 min. Stir occasionally.

2 comments:

  1. My dear Sister Suz, I cannot believe you published this recipe!! Bless your heart! People are going to think we grew up on Little House on the Prairie! It is VERY tasty though! I make it for my family....I just don't tell people because I don't know how healthy it is! Maybe we can have in next time we have Sunday dinner at Ma and Pa's ranch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma- Great Mecham used to eat bacon and potatoes often... I believe she called them wash day spuds... And she ate eggs frequently and she use LARD in her cooking and she ate "SCRAPPLE" (YIKES) and we all know that she lived to be 100 (or atleast 99 years and 11 months) And of those adult years she lived all of them on her own in her own home making her own food... So I think there is hidden health in hadit foo bitsley. Bless my heart. Absolutely. And if I do say so myself, it beats the heck out of Pa's BBQ (burned on the outside, raw in the middle) which I do believe is going to kill me a lot sooner than my clogged arteries of Hadit FOo....
    XO

    ReplyDelete