Thursday, January 22, 2009

Claudia Hawkins Brownies

If there be one person on this planet that created art out of her food it was the talented and ever-so-delicious Claudie Hawkins! She IS the one you see in the photo next to "food art" in the book. And... she will ever be one of my favorite people... highly influential and somebody I love. So I give you my other favorite brownie recipe... and though there isn't a layer of fudge on top, these beauties will still make drool all over yourself!

Ingredients:

1 lb butter

8 eggs

4 C sugar

3 C flour

dash salt

4 tsp. vanilla

3/4 - 1 C cocoa

nuts (optional)

powder sugar to sprinkle on top!

To create:

Mix together all ingredients except powder sugar. Pour into a greased jelly roll pan.

Bake 325 degrees for 25 min... unless you need more time because the middle is still runny... then bake it longer! sprinkle powder sugar on top when cooled.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is hard to see, I´m on a diet right now. Thank you so much for your nice comment on my blog, I enjoy meeting so lovely people from far away through blogging!
    Your recipes sound great, I´ll surely come back and try some when I´m "in shape" again!
    Greetings from Austria, Bernadette

    ReplyDelete