Thursday, January 22, 2009

Louisa's Chocolate Fudge Brownies

I promised my e-mail pal, Kathryn, my fav brownie recipe... and I refuse to disappoint her! Though she did make a vow that I hope she will re-think one day! I quote her majesty, "Now I'm feeling double guilty because I'm pretty sure that when I finish writing this, my next stop is the kitchen for a brownie & vanilla ice cream nightcap. After this pan is gone I am not baking anymore brownies because I'm the one who ends up eating most of them--why do they have to be so dang good?!?" To the Lovely Kathryn, there is no guilt in brownies! They are a food of the Gods! We only live once and life sure is delicate! Handle with a good dose of chocolate! So... if I may entice you one more time... I promise goodness! I dedicate my next pan to you and I pledge to indulge!
HUGS to you!
Ingredients:
3 C flour
3 C white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 C butter
4 1/2 TBSP cocoa
1 1/2 C water
3 eggs
1 C buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
To make:
Mix together flour, sugar, salt, and soda.
In a pan, over medium heat: mix butter, cocoa and water.... bring to boil and add to flour mixture.
Add eggs, buttermilk and vanilla.
Mix Well and pour into a greased jelly roll pan (12 X 18)
Bake 350 degrees fro 20-25 min.
*************************************************************
FROSTING ingredients:
1/2 C butter
3 TBSP cocoa
6 tsp cream (milk will work too)
4 C powder sugar
1 tsp vanilla
to Make:
Don't start frosting until brownies are made and out of oven!!! IT is fudge!
Melt butter and stir in sugar. add cocoa and cream. Add vanilla.
Stir over low heat constantly.
Pour over cooled brownies while frosting is still HOT. Frosting sets up pretty fast!

1 comment:

  1. Those are for sure the best brownines ever. Geoff requests them for his birthday instead of cake. SOOO Yummy!

    ReplyDelete