Monday, January 5, 2009

Veggie Stir Fry

This isn't a photo of my stir fry... but it looked yummy so I copied it in an effort to tempt you to create this recipe... It is quite delish. We ate it for dinner tonight as a part of our "kick off" celebration to the biggest loser contest that I am hosting...

Ingredients:

Really any veggies that you like will work... here are my favorites for this dish...

1 White onion

4 stalks celery

4 carrots

1/2 red bell pepper

1/2 yellow bell pepper

1/2 orange bell pepper

1 broccoli floret

2 C bean sprouts

1 zucchini (cut into long strips and 1/2 in. long)

4 minced (fresh) garlic

1/4 C olive oil

salt and pepper to taste

Prepare:

wash all veggies

put olive oil in pan and get warming! Cut onion into quarters then slice and put in oil. add bean sprouts. Cut celery, carrots and peppers into thin slices and 1/2 inch long... add to pan. cut broccoli up small... add to pan. add zucchini. press garlic on top. salt and pepper to taste... cook uncovered while rice is steaming.

Suggested to serve with brown rice. I love to cook my brown rice in chicken broth and about 2 Tbsp. butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment