Wednesday, January 7, 2009

your non-ketchup meat loaf

Some time ago it was requested of me to make meat loaf for dinner. YUK! I grew up on meatloaf... with ketchup and brown sugar in it. Sorry mum, I love most everything you cook... but I'm glad you retired that recipe. Everything else you create makes up for it! Where was I... Meat loaf... my version.
Again... no picture.... so this will have to do!

Ingredients:

1 lb ground turkey or sirloin

1 yellow onion

3 minced garlic cloves

1/2 zucchini

1/2 red pepper

2 C fresh spinach

3 mushrooms

1/2 crook neck squash

2 Tbsp. mustard

1Tbsp Worcestershire sauce

2-3 eggs

1 Tbsp. basil

1 tsp salt and pepper

1 can Cream of Mushroom soup

Not hard to make.. just messy!

Wash and Chop all veggies small! No chunks or they won't mix. Mix all ingredients except Cream of Mushroom soup together. Mix well... Pack into greased loaf pan and pour cream of Mushroom soup on top. Bake 350 degrees until done. (I don't know when that is... check it after 30 min... write it down when you figure out the time!) This is super yummy with a side of garlic mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment