Saturday, January 31, 2009

Super soft sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting

I think the only person I know who delights in these more than I do is my Grandma Della... In fact, I gave her the Christmas gift of her dreams this year... A whole tin of these little beauties, carved into little trees and frosted with green cream cheese delight. She was elated! And rightfully so since I typically only make these beauties on Valentine's Day and Halloween! There is a little secret to these babies... They are a creation of love! You must never attempt this recipe if you are not feeling that cookie spirit... And it is required that you give the first finished plate away!
So in the spirit of Love as we approach the celebration of St. Valentine's, please enjoy my very favorite treat...
which I Dedicate to my ever wonderful Grandma Della...
Ingredients:
4 C flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cream of tarter
1 C butter
1 1/2 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 C sour cream
2 eggs
Creation:
sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cream of tarter
in mixer cream together butter and sugar...
add eggs... beat until SMOOTH...
add vanilla.
Add Half of the dry ingredient mixture to the creamy wet ingredients in the mixer... then add 1/2 of the sour cream... beat well... add the remaining dry ingredients and the remaining sour cream.
Refrigerate 1- 2 hours
Preheat oven 450 degrees
Remove 1/3 at a time and roll 1/4 inch thick and cut into shapes.
Bake on greased cookie sheet at 450 degrees for 5 -8 min or until LIGHTLY golden... DO NOT OVER COOK! LIGHTLY GOLDEN around the base!
Cool and frost!
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
8 oz package cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 package powder sugar
2 tsp vanilla
*** soften cream cheese and butter... mix all together and frost cookies...

1 comment:

  1. Totally loved these and posted a link to them on my blog. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete