Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The yummiest ever garlic mashed potatoes

This little ditty came about by accident. I didn't have enough potatoes one Sunday so I made the ones I had go further by adding a yam to the mix... I will never again make mashes without the yam! No need for gravey!Ingredients:
6-8 red potatoes
1 yam
3 garlic cloves
1/4- 1/2 C butter (no margarine!!)
little milk or cream (just to make consistency creamy)
chicken broth
salt
Easy to make:
mostly peel the red potatoes. Some of the skins are fine to be on... don't be too thorough. Cut into quarters. Peel the yam completely. Cut into pieces about the same size as the potatoes. Peel the garlic. Boil all in broth until potatoes are soft. (about 15-20 min) Drain in colander.
Put back into the pan with butter and whip. Add milk to make creamy. Salt to taste. Serve Hot!

2 comments:

  1. I have read some of your posts and would like to revisit.

    If you like reading short stories from an Indian writer, then a visit to my blogs would be an interesting one for you.

    Naval Langa
    SHORT STORIES by NAVAL LANGA
    PAINTINGS GALLERIES

    Another Interesting Blog
    LIFESTYLE AND RELATIONSHIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who keeps yam at their house. I'm just saying...

    ReplyDelete